As a Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program policyholder, you must renew your affiliate’s coverage each year. Because the renewal process is complex, this process begins in November and ends in April.
Read on for what to expect during your affiliate’s renewal period.
The Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program Renewal Process: Renewal Application
This portion of the renewal process begins in November, with renewal applications due by mid-December.
Affiliates will receive an email request in November from Lockton Affinity’s team to submit an online renewal application via a personalized link. The renewal application process provides an opportunity to ensure affiliate assets are covered for the coming year and contains three sections:
- Update exposures. Exposures are items like buildings or property your affiliate owns or completed homes that have yet to be insured by a homeowner. If your affiliate buys or acquires a new location and does not notify Lockton Affinity to schedule it on your policy, the property is NOT insured.
- Estimate upcoming year finances. It is helpful to have the following information handy when completing the application:
- Financial information (Total revenue, gross ReStore revenue, etc.)
- Estimated construction project counts (New builds, rehabs, and repairs planned for the upcoming year)
- Review individual policy information. If your affiliate has an individual policy with us such as Auto, Workers’ Compensation, Cyber, Special Event, etc., be sure to review the coverage on these policies. While these policies do not require an application every year, any changes to your operations should be accounted for. Common changes to coverage include:
- Buying or selling a vehicle
- Adding employees
- Changing employees’ job descriptions or tasks
After you have completed your master policy renewal application, submit it and we’ll take it from there.
Lockton Affinity support: Have questions about your affiliate’s property or coverage? Work directly with your dedicated account manager who will help ensure your coverage is correct. Or if you would like a quote for an individual policy, we can provide one for you.
The Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program Renewal Process: Renewing Coverage
This portion of the renewal process begins in December and goes through April.
From December through February, our dedicated team compiles insurance packets for Habitat for Humanity affiliates.
At the beginning of March, we email your affiliate’s insurance renewal packet, which contains:
- Coverage documents
- Invoice information
- Other important documents and information
After reviewing this documentation for accuracy, your affiliate must pay the premium to renew coverage.
Lockton Affinity support: If you have questions about your policy packet or need to make final changes, please reach out to your account manager.
The Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program Renewal Process: Paying Affiliate Premiums
This portion of the renewal process begins in April and goes through January.
Your affiliate has the option to pay the full annual premium or to pay in four quarterly installments as on the invoice. Insurance premium payments (or first premium payment) are due by April 1st. We will send reminder emails as we near the April deadline to help ensure your affiliate coverage does not lapse.
We mail quarterly invoices to affiliates 30 days prior to the due date. The original invoice is emailed to you and included in your renewal packet.
Quarterly payment schedule:
- Q1 – April 1
- Q2 – July 1
- Q3 – October 1
- Q4 – January 1
To pay the premium, your affiliate has two options — online or via mail.
- Visit the online payment portal.
- Enter your affiliate’s account number and zip code to access the payment portal.
- Invoices under $25,000 will be available to select
- Pay by entering your bank information.
Paying via mail
Make out a check to Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program and mail to:
Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program
Administered by Lockton Affinity, LLC
P.O. Box 873401
Kansas City, MO 64187-3401
Lockton Affinity support: If you have questions about your premium or payment schedule or have issues with the online payment portal, please contact your account manager.
Renewing Your Affiliate’s Insurance with Lockton Affinity’s Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program
Thank you for your participation in the Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program.
By completing the annual insurance renewal process, you are helping ensure your affiliate is protected for the year to come.
If you have any questions throughout the renewal process, please contact the Lockton Affinity team at 888-553-9002.