Print This Post
Reopening after the COVID-19 pandemic can seem daunting but with the following steps and resources, you can have a safe and smooth reopening process.
Create a Task Force
Assign roles and responsibilities to individuals in the task force. These individuals will be responsible for creating and implementing part of the reopening process. Areas of focus include federal, state and local regulations and guidance, employee communication, cleaning and disinfecting protocols and training, procurement of supplies, prevention protocols and preparation for a sick person at the location.
Cleaning and Disinfecting of the Building
- Inspect the building to ensure no damage occurred while the affiliate was closed
- Confirm utilities are in working order
- Brush up on tips from the CDC for disinfecting your facility
- Create a cleaning schedule
- Ensure proper ventilation when using disinfectants
- Test your security equipment
- Make sure your POS systems are ready
- Consider phasing employees’ return
- Notify employees of which individuals will return and when
- Post signage to reinforce health and safety practices
- Ensure individuals are healthy and do not come to work if ill
- Provide and enforce the use of personal protective equipment
- Continue to practice social distance of at least 6 feet
- Encourage individuals to wash hands frequently
- Include health and safety talking points in daily meetings
- Follow guidance from Habitat for Humanity International regarding volunteer reactivation and safety
- Display signage outside the store outlining new safety and health policies
- Offer hand sanitizer and wipes to customers
- Consider adjusting store hours
- Consider limiting in-store guest capacity
- Add markers or decals on the floor to remind individuals to keep their distance
Maintain and Revise Plan
Remain up to date with the latest news regarding the pandemic, including the local impact and federal, state and local guidance. As the situation adjusts, revise your plan with necessary updates.
- State Data and Policy Actions to Address Coronavirus
- Restarting Operations Checklist
- Workplace Safety Planning Guide
- Harassment Policy Tips
- Coronavirus Symptoms
- Active Temperature Surveillance
- Frequently Asked Questions about COVID-19
For more risk management tips, contact Lockton Affinity at (888) 553-9002 or HFHInsuranceService@LocktonAffinity.com.
Please note, this information is based on the information known as of the date published. It should be used as a resource and in no way should be considered legal advice.