Print This Post
Last year’s deadly hurricanes, Harvey and Irma, cost many lives and millions of dollars. Prepare your affiliate from hurricanes and other natural disasters by implementing a natural disaster plan.
- Set up an emergency response plan and share it with employees. Document the plan and practice it regularly.
- Will you need a back-up source of power, water or food? Consider the supplies you may need in the event of a disaster and stock them.
- Keep duplicate records, or invest in software that will backup essential, sensitive documents.
- If there is time before the disaster strikes, prepare your ReStore. Forward calls from your desk phone to a mobile phone, move equipment to a secure location, make sure electronics are unplugged, put sandbags around your building, etc.
- Decide how employees, volunteers and customers will be notified of any potential delays, and who will be the point of contact for communications.
Evaluate your plan regularly, as your affiliate’s risks will change over time.
Program is administered by Lockton Affinity, LLC d/b/a Lockton Affinity Insurance Brokers, LLC in California. Coverage may not be available in all states and is subject to actual policy terms and conditions. In New York, coverage may be provided by an excess/surplus lines insurer which is not licensed by or subject to the supervision of the New York State Department of Financial Services. In New York, policy coverage forms and rates may not be subject to regulation by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Excess/surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds and therefore insureds are not protected by such funds in the event of the insurer’s insolvency.