A hot topic discussed in our ReStores webinar this past June was the use of GPS (Global Positioning System) in ReStore vehicles. At a basic level, a GPS utilizes satellite technology to pinpoint the location of a vehicle or destination, and measures the distance from point A to point B. In recent years the use of GPS in vehicles has become more common because of the enhanced features and benefits a GPS provides.
From a ReStore perspective, a GPS system can:
• locate and view a vehicle’s status
• log fuel purchases
• provide daily itineraries for your drivers
• re-route a vehicle to a new donation pick up
• give drivers turn by turn directions
• help drivers avoid busy traffic areas
• keep your drivers safe
Habitat International has identified NexTraq as their preferred vendor for GPS. NexTraq offers multiple packages that vary by types of service offered, so you can pick the features you want. To get details and pricing information about NexTraq visit http://www.nextraq.com.