The Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance program and ACE Insurance Company are launching a safety award program for affiliates during 2013. Any affiliate who did not have an OSHA violation from April 1, 2012 to April 1, 2013 is eligible to participate in the program.
To participate in the Safety Award program an affiliate must submit their affiliate name to the Habitat for Humanity Affiliate program. You can sign up to participate here – INSERT EMAIL LINK HERE.
SAFETY AWARD PROGRAM DETAILS:
- Program will run April 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013
- There will be six (6) winning affiliates
- Winning affiliates will be determined based upon their completion of all program criteria, and level of safety programming and focus at their affiliate
- Winning affiliates will receive a 10% discount on their General Liability premium for the April 1, 2014 to April 1, 2015 policy year
- All program participants, who successfully meet the program criteria will earn a 2% discount on their General Liability premium for the April 1, 2015 to April 1, 2016 policy year
- Affiliates will be categorized by their size and those with/without a ReStore
SAFETY AWARD PROGRAM CRITERIA:
An affiliate must:
1. Have a designated jobsite Safety Manager and a designated ReStore Safety Manager, where applicable.
2. Complete an online safety self-assessment, which will be administered by the Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program
3. Complete each of the following online safety training courses:
- Fall Safety
- ReStore Safety & Loss Control
- Volunteering On A Habitat for Humanity Job Site
- You Are Exposed – General Affiliate Safety
- Scaffolds – Construction
- Ladder Safety
- Back Safety
- Slips Trips and Falls
- Portable Power Tool Safety
- Defensive Driving – Commercial Vehicles
4. Develop a formal written Safety Plan. The Safety Plan must include the following sections:
- Hazard Prevention and Controls
- Management Leadership and Employee Involvement
- Safety and Health Training
- Jobsite and ReStore (where applicable) Assessment
5. Have a 3-year incident rate below the national average for all affiliates in the Habitat for Humanity Affiliate Insurance Program.