With warmer weather coming more affiliates will be starting construction once again. It’s a good time to remind your employees and volunteers to wear their Personal Protection Equipment:
- Hardhats: This is especially important when working on a jobsite when roof work is being done or any other tasks happening above you. It can also help to avoid other scrapes and puncture wounds to your head.
- Safety Glasses: Help protect your sight! Wear your safety glasses to protect against flying debris or getting any chemicals in your eyes.
- Gloves: A good pair of gloves can help protect against a bunch of different hazards. It helps avoid abrasions, lacerations, blisters and heat. As well as chemicals when using a particular pair of gloves rated for chemicals.
- Hearing Protection: Use mainly in situations where individuals have to yell to be heard. Know that cotton is not adequate protection.
- Respiratory Protection: A standard paper mask is good for large particles like saw dust while sweeping or chipping. Other more advanced masks are great when dealing with tasks such as cutting concrete or fiberglass insulation, and chemical operations.